obiee 12c (220.127.116.11) installation is success in my windows 8 version (note it is not oracle recommended but for practice purpose i tried and able to install)
Generalizing the process of installation …
- 64 bit OS is must
- Loopback adapter settings..
- Make sure you unzip the downloaded setup files in the same machine where you’re intended to install obiee. I saw few issues when extracted file is brought from 2008 r2 to win8.
- Decide user with whom you’re proceeding with installations and ensure oraInventory access.
- Windows firewall set to Off
- JDK 1.8.0_51+
- oracle database; 18.104.22.168+; 22.214.171.124+
For more information on certification matrix on oracle fusion middleware 126.96.36.199 certification, click here
- Install Oracle Fusion Middleware Infrastructure (no configuring domain for infrastructure)
- Install obiee
- Set BI_PRODUCT_HOME env variable for ex: C:\oracle\product\Middleware\Oracle_Home\bi
- Configure obiee standard topology using 12c configuration assistant(you can alternatively run rcu part of <ORACLE_HOME>/oracle_common/bin to create schema required then sue configuration assistant to configure obiee)
Follow oracle documentation on installation & configuration here
i could not install obiee 12c (188.8.131.52) on windows 2008 r2 and the same success with windows 8
Note: Oracle certifies only 2012 r2 for obiee 12c